Saturday 21 March 2015

Kendrick Lamar | To Pimp A Butterfly (Review)

I was really surprised when the latest project by Kendrick Lamar was released a week earlier from its original release date March 23.
Social media such as Twitter was going crazy over the new album release, I had to buy the new album on Itunes yesterday morning before going out. There some real deep tracks to dwell on and to vibe such as 'king kunta' and 'Institutionalized' but my favourite track so far is 'For free?' which had that jazzy instrumental feel throughout the song and Kendrick's flow pattern was amazing.

To be honest, I liked every single song on the album. 'Mortaland 'Mommaare also some of the many songs which I find have an interesting vibe which I constantly have on repeat. The 'Mortal' track had me in shock because I did not expect it.  When Kendrick Lamar was reading his poetry piece and interviewing  the late great Tupac Shakur, it gave me the chills because it felt like a  real conversation between the two artists when i first heard it . ` This shows how Kendrick Lamar is a true artist as he was able to create a piece that was quite unique and that was able to draw in the audience that was listening.

But so far after listening to the album quite a few times, I am starting to get the full picture of each track . I've noticed that each of the songs are cohesive to each other and when they are put together they create one message.
Each of the tracks are one part of a poem which links to the meaning behind the 'To Pimp a Butterfly'

Click on the Picture below for the full album |




  Here's the best review of the album to Pimp A Butterfly by Anthony Fantano the busiest music nerd.

    Click On the Picture For the link |


No comments:

Post a Comment